By David H. Price
Read Online or Download Cold War Anthropology: The CIA, the Pentagon, and the Growth of Dual Use Anthropology PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Containing 609 encyclopedic articles written via greater than 2 hundred sought after students, The Oxford better half to the background of recent technology provides an unheard of historical past of the sector precious to a person with an curiosity within the know-how, rules, discoveries, and realized associations that experience formed our global over the last 5 centuries.
Augustus Lowell and different WorksPercival Lowell, american businessman, writer, mathematician, and astronomer (1855-1916)This book provides «Augustus Lowell and different Works», from Percival Lowell. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents-01- approximately this book-02- AUGUSTUS LOWELL-03- LETTER TO AMY LOWELL-04- traces ON HIS arithmetic teacher
Philosophers could be richly rewarded by means of studying John O’Callaghan’s new ebook, Thomistic Realism and the Linguistic flip. according to his large wisdom of Aristotle and Aquinas, O’Callaghan offers not just an outstanding therapy of Aquinas’s epistemology but additionally a very good demonstration of simply how Aquinas may possibly give a contribution to modern debates.
This booklet bargains the 1st in-depth learn of the masculine self-fashioning of medical practitioners in 19th and early twentieth-century Britain. targeting the British organization for the development of technological know-how, based in 1831, it explores the complicated and dynamic shifts within the public photo of the British ‘man of technological know-how’ and questions the prestige of the normal scientist as a contemporary masculine hero.
- Kuhn’s The Structure of Scientific Revolutions Revisited (Routledge Studies in the Philosophy of Science)
- Race and Photography: Racial Photography as Scientific Evidence, 1876-1980
- The Scientific Revolution (Routledge Library Editions: History & Philosophy of Science)
- The Jewel House: Elizabethan London and the Scientific Revolution
- The Newton Papers: The Strange and True Odyssey of Isaac Newton's Manuscripts
- Sir James Dewar, 1842–1923: A Ruthless Chemist (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945)
Extra resources for Cold War Anthropology: The CIA, the Pentagon, and the Growth of Dual Use Anthropology
Cold War Anthropology: The CIA, the Pentagon, and the Growth of Dual Use Anthropology by David H. Price