By Mary Ellen Hannibal
Read or Download Citizen Scientist: Searching for Heroes and Hope in an Age of Extinction PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Containing 609 encyclopedic articles written through greater than two hundred trendy students, The Oxford better half to the background of recent technology provides an unprecedented background of the sphere valuable to somebody with an curiosity within the expertise, principles, discoveries, and discovered associations that experience formed our global during the last 5 centuries.
Augustus Lowell and different WorksPercival Lowell, american businessman, writer, mathematician, and astronomer (1855-1916)This book provides «Augustus Lowell and different Works», from Percival Lowell. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents-01- approximately this book-02- AUGUSTUS LOWELL-03- LETTER TO AMY LOWELL-04- strains ON HIS arithmetic teacher
Philosophers may be richly rewarded via analyzing John O’Callaghan’s new ebook, Thomistic Realism and the Linguistic flip. in line with his huge wisdom of Aristotle and Aquinas, O’Callaghan offers not just a great remedy of Aquinas’s epistemology but in addition a great demonstration of simply how Aquinas may give a contribution to modern debates.
This ebook bargains the 1st in-depth research of the masculine self-fashioning of clinical practitioners in 19th and early twentieth-century Britain. concentrating on the British organization for the development of technological know-how, based in 1831, it explores the complicated and dynamic shifts within the public photo of the British ‘man of technological know-how’ and questions the prestige of the common scientist as a latest masculine hero.
- Vice in the Barracks: Medicine, the Military and the Making of Colonial India, 1780-1868 (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
- Fallout: J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leo Szilard, and the Political Science of the Atomic Bomb
- Scientific Communication Across the Iron Curtain (SpringerBriefs in History of Science and Technology)
- Ignorance: How It Drives Science
- Beyond Kuhn: Scientific Explanation, Theory Structure, Incommensurability and Physical Necessity (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Philosophy)
Extra info for Citizen Scientist: Searching for Heroes and Hope in an Age of Extinction
Citizen Scientist: Searching for Heroes and Hope in an Age of Extinction by Mary Ellen Hannibal