By Anders Nilsson,Lars G. M. Pettersson,Jens Norskov
Molecular floor technology has made huge, immense growth some time past 30 years. the improvement may be characterised via a revolution in primary wisdom acquired from basic version platforms and through an explosion within the variety of experimental concepts. The final 10 years has noticeable an both speedy improvement of quantum mechanical modeling of floor methods utilizing Density practical concept (DFT).
Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces focuses on phenomena and ideas instead of on experimental or theoretical ideas. the purpose is to supply the typical foundation for describing the interplay of atoms and molecules with surfaces and this for use very generally in technology and technology.
The booklet starts with an outline of structural details on floor adsorbates and discusses the constitution of a few vital chemisorption structures. bankruptcy 2 describes intimately the chemical bond among atoms or molecules and a steel floor within the saw floor constructions. a close description of experimental info at the dynamics of bond-formation and bond-breaking at surfaces make up bankruptcy three. through an in-depth research of facets of heterogeneous catalysis according to the d-band version. In bankruptcy five adsorption and chemistry at the significantly very important Si and Ge semiconductor surfaces are lined. within the ultimate Chapters the e-book strikes on from solid-gas interfaces and appears at solid-liquid interface strategies. within the ultimate bankruptcy an summary is given of the environmentally very important chemical procedures happening on mineral and oxide surfaces in touch with water and electrolytes.
- Gives examples of the way glossy theoretical DFT innovations can be utilized to layout heterogeneous catalysts
- This booklet matches the quick advent of tools and ideas from floor technology right into a wide diversity of clinical disciplines the place the interplay among a pretty good and the encircling gasoline or liquid part is a necessary component
- Shows how perception into chemical bonding at surfaces may be utilized to a number clinical difficulties in heterogeneous catalysis, electrochemistry, environmental technology and semiconductor processing
- Provides either the basic viewpoint and an summary of chemical bonding by way of constitution, digital constitution and dynamics of bond rearrangements at surfaces
Read or Download Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces PDF
Best physical & theoretical chemistry books
The supply of synchrotron x-ray resources and the following advancements defined during this e-book have resulted in titanic development in our realizing of molecular ordering at liquid interfaces. This sensible consultant allows graduate scholars and researchers operating in physics, chemistry, biology and fabrics technological know-how to appreciate and perform experimental investigations into the elemental actual and chemical houses of liquid surfaces and interfaces.
Foreign Symposium on Selective Ion-Sensitive Electrodes comprises the plenary lectures awarded on the overseas Symposium on Selective Ion-Sensitive Electrodes, held in Cardiff, united kingdom on April 9-12, 1973 and arranged through the overseas Union of natural and utilized Chemistry. The papers discover major advancements bearing on selective ion-sensitive electrodes and canopy themes starting from potentiometric fuel sensing electrodes to precipitate-based selective ion-sensitive electrodes and mechanistic facets of ion-selective membrane electrodes.
An creation to the Chemistry of advanced Compounds discusses the basic ideas which are crucial in realizing the underlying ideas of complicated compounds. The insurance of the ebook comprises the compounds of the hexa, penta, and tetrammine style; compounds of the tri, dl, monoamine and hexacido kinds for the coordination variety of 6; and complicated compounds with a coordination variety of four.
Floor quarter selection covers the complaints of the foreign Symposium on floor region choice. The identify offers 35 papers which are prepared into 9 elements; the papers basically emphasize the tools for floor sector choice. The insurance of the booklet comprises equipment resembling the guess procedure, low adsorption tools, and circulate tools.
- Mineralogie: Eine Einführung in die spezielle Mineralogie, Petrologie und Lagerstättenkunde (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- A Matter of Density: Exploring the Electron Density Concept in the Chemical, Biological, and Materials Sciences
- Phase Transitions and Adsorbate Restructuring at Metal Surface: 7 (The Chemical Physics of Solid Surfaces)
- Food Carbohydrates: Chemistry, Physical Properties, and Applications
- Mechanics of Liquid Nano- and Microdispersed Magnetic Media
Additional info for Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces
Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces by Anders Nilsson,Lars G. M. Pettersson,Jens Norskov