By R. Berger
Read Online or Download Ayurveda Made Modern: Political Histories of Indigenous Medicine in North India, 1900-1955 (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Containing 609 encyclopedic articles written through greater than two hundred in demand students, The Oxford significant other to the historical past of contemporary technological know-how offers an exceptional heritage of the sphere valuable to a person with an curiosity within the know-how, rules, discoveries, and discovered associations that experience formed our global during the last 5 centuries.
Augustus Lowell and different WorksPercival Lowell, american businessman, writer, mathematician, and astronomer (1855-1916)This booklet provides «Augustus Lowell and different Works», from Percival Lowell. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents-01- approximately this book-02- AUGUSTUS LOWELL-03- LETTER TO AMY LOWELL-04- strains ON HIS arithmetic teacher
Philosophers could be richly rewarded by means of interpreting John O’Callaghan’s new ebook, Thomistic Realism and the Linguistic flip. according to his wide wisdom of Aristotle and Aquinas, O’Callaghan offers not just a superb therapy of Aquinas’s epistemology but in addition a good demonstration of simply how Aquinas may well give a contribution to modern debates.
This e-book bargains the 1st in-depth learn of the masculine self-fashioning of medical practitioners in 19th and early twentieth-century Britain. targeting the British organization for the development of technological know-how, based in 1831, it explores the advanced and dynamic shifts within the public snapshot of the British ‘man of technology’ and questions the prestige of the traditional scientist as a latest masculine hero.
- Gravity's Ghost: Scientific Discovery in the Twenty-first Century
- Competing with the Soviets (Johns Hopkins Introductory Studies in the History of Science)
- Spaceflight in the Shuttle Era and Beyond: Redefining Humanity's Purpose in Space
- Seeking Truth: Roger North's Notes on Newton and Correspondence with Samuel Clarke c.1704-1713
- Practical Ethics: A Collection of Addresses and Essays (Practical and Professional Ethics)
- Die Mathematisierung des Lebens: Alfred James Lotka und der energetische Holismus im 20. Jahrhundert (Historische Wissensforschung) (German Edition)
Additional info for Ayurveda Made Modern: Political Histories of Indigenous Medicine in North India, 1900-1955 (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
Ayurveda Made Modern: Political Histories of Indigenous Medicine in North India, 1900-1955 (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series) by R. Berger