By John Phillips
John Phillips, English geologist (1800-1874)
This e-book provides «A Treatise on Geology», from John Phillips. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Introductory View Of The items Of Geological Science
- basic Reasonings in regards to the Substance Of The Globe
- sequence Of Stratified Rocks
- natural is still Of vegetation And Animals
- old View Of The Stratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Post-tertiary And sleek Deposits
- Unstratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Mineral Veins
- smooth results of warmth within the Globe
- kingdom Of Geological Theory
- renowned perspectives And reasonably priced purposes Of Geology
Read or Download A Treatise on Geology PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Containing 609 encyclopedic articles written by way of greater than two hundred well-liked students, The Oxford better half to the heritage of contemporary technological know-how provides an unheard of heritage of the sphere worthwhile to someone with an curiosity within the expertise, rules, discoveries, and realized associations that experience formed our global over the last 5 centuries.
Augustus Lowell and different WorksPercival Lowell, american businessman, writer, mathematician, and astronomer (1855-1916)This publication provides «Augustus Lowell and different Works», from Percival Lowell. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents-01- approximately this book-02- AUGUSTUS LOWELL-03- LETTER TO AMY LOWELL-04- traces ON HIS arithmetic teacher
Philosophers can be richly rewarded by way of analyzing John O’Callaghan’s new publication, Thomistic Realism and the Linguistic flip. in accordance with his huge wisdom of Aristotle and Aquinas, O’Callaghan presents not just a great remedy of Aquinas’s epistemology but additionally an excellent demonstration of simply how Aquinas may perhaps give a contribution to modern debates.
This booklet deals the 1st in-depth examine of the masculine self-fashioning of medical practitioners in 19th and early twentieth-century Britain. targeting the British organization for the development of technological know-how, based in 1831, it explores the complicated and dynamic shifts within the public photo of the British ‘man of technological know-how’ and questions the prestige of the normal scientist as a latest masculine hero.
- Genealogies of Genius (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- Physicians, plagues and progress: The History of Western medicine from Antiquity to Antibiotics
- Physicists of Ireland: Passion and Precision
- Natural Philosophy Epitomised: Books 8-11 of Gregor Reisch's Philosophical pearl (1503)
- Righting America at the Creation Museum (Medicine, Science, and Religion in Historical Context)
- Evolution in Four Dimensions: Genetic, Epigenetic, Behavioral, and Symbolic Variation in the History of Life (Life and Mind: Philosophical Issues in Biology and Psychology)
Additional info for A Treatise on Geology
A Treatise on Geology by John Phillips