By Charles Lyell
This booklet is a replica of the unique e-book released in 1854 and should have a few imperfections resembling marks or hand-written notes.
Read Online or Download A Manual of Elementary Geology, Or, the Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its Inhabitants PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Containing 609 encyclopedic articles written by means of greater than 2 hundred renowned students, The Oxford significant other to the heritage of contemporary technology provides an extraordinary background of the sector valuable to a person with an curiosity within the know-how, principles, discoveries, and realized associations that experience formed our international during the last 5 centuries.
Augustus Lowell and different WorksPercival Lowell, american businessman, writer, mathematician, and astronomer (1855-1916)This booklet offers «Augustus Lowell and different Works», from Percival Lowell. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents-01- approximately this book-02- AUGUSTUS LOWELL-03- LETTER TO AMY LOWELL-04- traces ON HIS arithmetic teacher
Philosophers could be richly rewarded by way of analyzing John O’Callaghan’s new e-book, Thomistic Realism and the Linguistic flip. in line with his extensive wisdom of Aristotle and Aquinas, O’Callaghan presents not just an outstanding remedy of Aquinas’s epistemology but additionally an exceptional demonstration of simply how Aquinas could give a contribution to modern debates.
This booklet bargains the 1st in-depth examine of the masculine self-fashioning of medical practitioners in 19th and early twentieth-century Britain. targeting the British organization for the development of technology, based in 1831, it explores the advanced and dynamic shifts within the public photo of the British ‘man of technology’ and questions the prestige of the usual scientist as a contemporary masculine hero.
- Theory of Reality: Evidence for Existence Beyond the Brain and Tools for Your Journey
- The Story of the Earth in 25 Rocks: Tales of Important Geological Puzzles and the People Who Solved Them
- Early Modern Philosophers and the Renaissance Legacy (International Archives of the History of Ideas Archives internationales d'histoire des idées)
- Realism and the Aim of Science: From the Postscript to The Logic of Scientific Discovery (Leverhulme Primary Project Classroom Skills Series)
- Science Communication: A Practical Guide for Scientists
Extra info for A Manual of Elementary Geology, Or, the Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its Inhabitants
A Manual of Elementary Geology, Or, the Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its Inhabitants by Charles Lyell